We Know About
Mobile Device Management Services
We understand the significance of mobile devices in today’s business landscape and the need for organizations to manage and secure them effectively.
Your Partner in Mobile Device Management
With a deep understanding of the latest mobile technologies and experience with industry-leading mobile device management (MDM) platforms, we can provide you with tailored solutions to effectively manage and secure your mobile devices.
From device enrollment and policy enforcement to application management and data protection, we help you optimize every aspect of your mobile device management strategy. Our goal is to empower your business with efficient and secure mobile operations.
If you’re eager to explore the best mobile device management solutions for your organization, let’s have a conversation. We’re committed to putting your needs first and helping you harness the full potential of mobile technology while ensuring data security and compliance.
Not only can we help you implement mobile device management solutions, but we can also identify potential savings for you. Our technology expense management experts are skilled at finding redundant waste and even identifying money you are owed via promised discounts that were never applied.
What Is Mobile Device Management?
Mobile device management (MDM) is a comprehensive solution that enables organizations to secure, monitor, and manage mobile devices used by their employees.
It involves the implementation of policies, settings, and controls to ensure the proper use, security, and functionality of mobile devices within an organization’s network.
Mobile device management allows IT administrators to remotely configure devices, enforce security measures, distribute applications, and monitor device usage, enhancing productivity and protecting sensitive data.
What Is MDM Policy?
MDM policy is a set of rules, configurations, and guidelines that govern the use of mobile devices within an organization. It includes aspects such as content filtering, mobile security policies, and measures that protect sensitive information and keep your data secure.
We can help you develop and implement effective MDM policies that align with your specific needs and industry regulations.
Symplicity can guide the adoption of zero trust principles, provide expertise in crafting secure configurations, and assist in implementing robust content filtering solutions to enhance mobile device security and protect valuable data.
Why Is Mobile Device Management Important?
Mobile device management is crucial in today’s digital landscape for several reasons.
- It enables organizations to establish and manage a cloud identity, ensuring seamless user access and authentication across devices.
- It plays a critical role in enhancing enterprise security by enforcing cybersecurity policies, such as strong passwords, encryption, and multi-factor authentication, to protect sensitive data from unauthorized access.
- It protects data by implementing data loss prevention measures, remote data wiping capabilities, and encryption techniques, ensuring that information remains secure on mobile devices.
- It helps keep devices secure by enforcing device-level security policies, monitoring for malware or unauthorized activities, and providing remote lock and wipe capabilities in case of loss or theft.
- Having your device enrolled in the organization’s management system allows IT teams to have centralized control, configure devices, and apply necessary security measures consistently.
We assist organizations in implementing MDM solutions that leverage cloud identity, enhance enterprise security, protect data, keep devices secure, and streamline the device enrollment process.
Our team provides expertise in selecting the right MDM tools, designing effective security policies, and ensuring a smooth integration of MDM into existing IT infrastructure.
Why Trust Us with Your Mobile Device Management Needs?
Here’s how we can help with your mobile device management needs:
- With our deep knowledge and experience in MDM solutions, we understand the challenges businesses face in managing and securing their employee devices. Our team of experts is well-versed in the latest mobile device management trends, cloud providers, secure app management, and data center technologies.
- We take the time to assess your organization’s unique needs and mobile device environment. By understanding your security requirements and specific challenges, we can recommend the most suitable MDM services tailored to your business.
- Leveraging our in-depth understanding of the mobile device management market, we help you choose the ideal MDM provider. We consider factors such as compatibility with your existing infrastructure, available features, scalability, and cost-effectiveness to ensure you get the right solution for your organization.
- Our team works closely with you to design and implement a customized MDM strategy. We develop a comprehensive plan for deploying and configuring the MDM solution, seamlessly integrating it with your existing systems and processes. Saving time and resources this way ensures a smooth transition.
- We offer training and ongoing support to empower your IT staff and end-users with the knowledge and skills they need to effectively utilize the MDM platform. This promotes user adoption, compliance with security policies, and ultimately enhances your organization’s overall security posture.
Our mission is to help businesses thrive by providing top-notch consulting services that streamline operations, improve security, and increase productivity. Trust us to be your partner in mobile device management, and let us take your organization’s mobile security to the next level. Contact us today to discuss your MDM needs and how we can help you succeed.
Mobile Device Management Benefits
Mobile device management offers numerous benefits for businesses looking to effectively manage mobile phones and enhance their overall security. With MDM, businesses can remotely control and monitor their mobile devices, ensuring that all devices are properly configured, updated, and compliant with security policies. Here are the key advantages of implementing MDM:
- It allows businesses to enforce strong security measures, such as password policies, encryption, and remote data wiping. In the event of a lost or stolen device, businesses can quickly take action to protect sensitive data and prevent unauthorized access.
- It simplifies the management of mobile devices by providing centralized control and administration. IT teams can easily configure settings, deploy applications, and enforce policies across multiple devices, which can save time and effort.
- It enables businesses to enforce compliance with industry regulations and internal policies. It ensures that devices are up to date with the latest security patches and antivirus software, reducing the risk of data breaches and potential compliance violations.
- With mobile device management, IT teams can remotely diagnose and troubleshoot device issues, minimizing downtime and maximizing productivity. They can push updates, install software patches, and resolve technical problems without the need for physical device access.
- Mobile device management platforms help businesses optimize their mobile device usage and reduce costs. By monitoring data usage and managing application access, organizations can avoid excessive data charges and prevent unauthorized software installations.
Investing in mobile device management services is crucial for businesses aiming to protect their sensitive data, streamline device management, and ensure compliance with security standards. By leveraging the capabilities of MDM, organizations can enhance security, increase productivity, and achieve greater control over their mobile device ecosystem.
Types of Mobile Device Management Solutions
In today’s unpredictable IT climate, having a full-proof mobile device management plan is integral. Here are some solutions you may want to include in your MDM plan
Enterprise Mobility Management
Enterprise mobility management (EMM) is a comprehensive solution that focuses on managing mobile devices, applications, and content within an organization. It provides a centralized platform for IT administrators to efficiently monitor and control different aspects of mobile device management, including security, application distribution, and policy enforcement.
Unified End-Point Management
Unified end-point management (UEM) combines management devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, desktops, and other endpoints into a single unified platform. It allows organizations to streamline their device management processes, enforce security management policies, and ensure consistent user experiences across different types of devices.
Bring Your Own Device Management
Bring your own device (BYOD) environments allow employees to use their personal devices for work purposes. Mobile device recovery solutions in a BYOD environment focus on securing and managing these devices, ensuring data protection, separating personal data from corporate data, thus securing corporate data, and implementing identity and access management solutions to control access to sensitive resources.
Identity and Access Management
Identity and access management solutions play a crucial role in mobile device recovery by controlling user authentication, authorization, and access privileges. These solutions enable organizations to verify user identities, manage user accounts, enforce multi-factor authentication, and ensure secure access to corporate resources.
Content management solutions focus on securing and managing sensitive data and documents on mobile devices. They provide features such as secure document sharing, data encryption, content classification, and remote data wiping to safeguard confidential information.
Mobile Device Management Tools
Mobile device management tools are employed to effectively manage and secure mobile devices, streamline administration, and enhance productivity.
These tools collectively contribute to a comprehensive mobile device management strategy, empowering businesses to maximize the benefits of mobile technology while maintaining data security, compliance, and operational efficiency.
Here is a list of commonly used mobile device management features and tools:
Mobile Device Management Servers
MDM servers are the central control point for managing mobile devices, allowing administrators to configure settings, enforce policies, and monitor device activities.
Mobile Application Management
Mobile application management (MAM) tools enable businesses to manage and distribute mobile applications to devices, ensuring proper installation, updates, and version control.
Native App Management
MDM solutions often include features to manage and secure native apps developed specifically for a particular operating system (e.g., Apple iOS or Android operating systems), allowing organizations to control app access and permissions.
Mobile Content Management
Mobile content management (MCM) tools facilitate secure access and sharing of documents, files, and other content on mobile devices, enhancing collaboration while maintaining data security.
Mobile Email Management
These tools enable organizations to configure and manage email accounts on mobile devices, ensuring proper security settings and integration with corporate email systems.
Containerization tools create secure containers or partitions on mobile devices, separating personal and corporate data, applications, and settings to maintain data privacy and security.
MDM solutions often include robust security features such as device encryption, passcode enforcement, remote lock/wipe capabilities, and antivirus/anti-malware protection.
Mobile Expense Management
These tools help organizations monitor and manage mobile data usage, track expenses, and optimize data plans, ensuring cost-effectiveness and avoiding excessive charges.
Application Whitelisting and Blacklisting
MDM allows administrators to control which applications can be installed or used on managed devices, reducing the risk of unauthorized or insecure apps compromising device security.
Compliance and Reporting
MDM tools provide reporting capabilities to track device compliance with policies, generate audit reports, and identify potential security risks or policy violations.
Over-the-Air Enrollment and Configuration
This feature enables devices to be enrolled in the MDM system and configured remotely without the need for physical access.
Remote Support and Troubleshooting
MDM solutions often include features for remote device diagnostics, troubleshooting, and remote control, allowing IT teams to resolve issues and provide support without physical proximity.
Your organization doesn’t necessarily need each of the above MDM tools, and it’s easy to get lost in the complexity and diversity of MDM offerings. That’s where we come in. We can help you identify which MDM solutions are appropriate for your needs, then match you with the very best provider at the best rate.
What Is an Example of Mobile Device Management?
Recently, we had the opportunity to assist a client in implementing a robust mobile device management solution to streamline their device management processes. The client, a growing company with a large workforce, was struggling to efficiently manage their fleet of mobile devices, resulting in increased operational costs and security concerns.
To address their challenges, we recommended an MDM platform that offered centralized device management, policy enforcement, and security controls. By leveraging this solution, we were able to automate the device enrollment process, saving valuable time and reducing the burden on IT staff.
The device management solution also provided remote device configuration capabilities, allowing IT administrators to remotely deploy applications, configure settings, and push updates across all enrolled devices. This eliminated the need for manual device setup, resulting in significant time savings and improved efficiency.
From a cost perspective, the MDM solution allowed the client to implement a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy, reducing the need for purchasing and managing corporate-owned devices. This shift resulted in substantial cost savings as the employees were now using their personal devices for work purposes while still maintaining the necessary security measures through the MDM platform.
Furthermore, the MDM solution provided robust security features, including device encryption, remote wipe and lock, and threat detection capabilities. This enhanced security posture minimized the risk of data breaches and ensured compliance with industry regulations, mitigating potential financial and reputational losses.
We’re your mobile device management consultants. Our specialized expertise lies in helping you implement comprehensive mobile device management solutions that empower your business and ensure efficient device operations in today’s mobile-driven world. Here are the key areas we focus on to provide effective mobile device management:
- Robust device security
- Streamlined device provisioning
- Efficient application management
At Symplicity, we take a vendor-neutral approach, carefully analyzing your business requirements, budget, and industry to identify the ideal mobile device management solution for your needs.
We understand that every organization has unique priorities and challenges, which is why we offer a customized approach to match you with the perfect solution. We connect you with the best mobile device management services by thoroughly evaluating providers based on their expertise, track record, and ability to meet your specific requirements.
With our expertise, guidance, and ongoing support, we ensure your mobile device management implementation is seamless, efficient, and provides peace of mind that your devices and data are secure. Trust us to navigate the complexities of mobile device management and help your business thrive in the mobile era.
We can also help you with your managed IT, business intelligence, SIP trunking, business automation, disaster recovery, and contact center service needs. See our solutions page for the full range of services we offer.
What is MDM in Windows 10?
MDM in Windows 10 refers to mobile device management capabilities integrated into the Windows 10 operating system. Among other potential solutions, Microsoft Intune integrates with Windows 10 to provide MDM functionality.
With MDM, organizations can efficiently manage and secure devices, enforce policies, distribute applications, and ensure endpoint protection across their Windows 10 devices.
What is mobile device management software?
Mobile device management (MDM) software is a set of tools and technologies designed to manage and secure mobile devices within an organization. MDM software enables businesses to control and monitor devices such as smartphones and tablets, ensuring the protection of corporate data and enforcing security policies.
It allows administrators to remotely manage device settings, distribute applications, enforce data encryption, and implement measures for securing enterprise data on mobile devices. Mobile device management software plays a vital role in safeguarding sensitive information and maintaining the integrity of corporate networks in the mobile-driven workplace.
Who uses mobile device management software solutions?
Mobile device management (MDM) solutions are used by organizations across different industries to manage and secure their mobile devices. They are commonly used by enterprises, government agencies, educational institutions, healthcare facilities, and financial organizations.
These entities rely on MDM solutions to streamline device deployment, enforce security policies, monitor device usage, and ensure compliance with data protection regulations. MDM software is an essential tool for comprehensive enterprise mobile management, providing organizations with centralized control and oversight of their mobile device fleet.
Many MDM solutions are beginning to incorporate artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to take them to the next level.
What are common MDM software options?
Common MDM software options provide comprehensive device management solutions for different platforms and devices. Some popular options include:
- MobileIron offers robust MDM capabilities for managing Android devices, desktop computers, iPhones, and iPads, enabling organizations to secure and control their mobile and desktop fleets.
- VMware Workspace ONE provides unified endpoint management for a wide range of devices, including Android devices, iPhones, iPads, Chrome OS devices, and even Apple TV, ensuring consistent security and management across the organization.
- Microsoft Intune offers MDM and mobile app management capabilities, supporting Android devices, iPhones, iPads, and providing seamless integration with Microsoft 365 suite for enhanced productivity and security.
- Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) includes iOS, and Android enterprise apps and device management features for Apple and Android phones and tablets, as well as comprehensive cloud-based Google productivity tools and management capabilities.
- Jamf Pro primarily focuses on Apple device management, providing extensive MDM solutions for iPhones, iPads, Macs, and Apple TVs, ensuring efficient management and security of Apple devices.
These software options offer a range of MDM features and functionalities tailored to different device platforms, enabling organizations to effectively manage and secure their Android, iOS, Chrome OS, and desktop devices.
What are the most popular MDM vendors?
The most popular MDM vendors in the market include VMware, with VMware customers praising the VMware AirWatch solution, which has a significant customer base. Azure Active Directory, provided by Microsoft, also offers strong MDM capabilities and integrates well with other Microsoft services.
Another notable solution is the ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus, which provides comprehensive MDM functionalities and is trusted by many organizations for their device management needs. These vendors are known for their robust MDM offerings and have established themselves as leaders in the industry.