We Know About
Managed IT Services
Streamline operations, free up bandwidth, and save money by outsourcing your IT and cybersecurity needs.
Why Managed IT?
Managed IT services can be a lifesaver. We can connect you with the optimal managed IT provider for your needs. Here are some of the benefits of managed IT solutions.
- Focus on core competencies: leverage managed IT services to direct attention and resources towards core business activities, strategic initiatives, and delivering exceptional products or services.
- Expertise and experience: benefit from specialized knowledge, skills, and experience offered by managed IT service providers to navigate complex technological challenges, implement best practices, and ensure optimal IT system performance, security, and reliability.
- Proactive support and monitoring: stay ahead with remote monitoring and management services that detect and address potential IT issues before they disrupt operations, ensuring uninterrupted productivity and smooth business operations.
- Scalability and flexibility: adapt to fluctuating business demands with scalable solutions provided by managed IT services, supporting growth and adjusting to changing requirements, enabling businesses to scale IT resources accordingly.
- Robust security measures: protect valuable business data with comprehensive security measures, including advanced threat detection, real-time monitoring, data encryption, data backups, and vulnerability management offered by managed IT services.
- Cost optimization: optimize costs with predictable, budget-friendly pricing models that include regular maintenance, upgrades, and support, enabling better financial planning and reducing the risk of unexpected expenses.
- Cloud management: a good managed IT provider will have the expertise to help you migrate to managed cloud or hybrid cloud environments, or to deploy cloud-native applications.
Your job will be so much smoother when you don’t have to manage your IT operations in-house.
We Provide Managed IT Solutions
At Symplicity, we specialize in delivering comprehensive managed IT solutions that empower businesses. With a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities presented by the rapidly evolving technology landscape, we enhance the efficiency, security, and performance of your IT infrastructure.
By partnering with us, you gain access to our expertise, industry knowledge, and extensive network of managed IT providers. Let us guide you towards a seamless and robust IT environment that drives your business forward.
We work as an extension of your team to get you the best managed IT services for your specific needs.
Not only can we help with your IT needs, we can assess your IT spend to make sure you’re getting the best value.
- Broad expertise: we offer valuable recommendations for automations, data solutions, and contact center optimizations, leveraging advanced technologies to streamline operations and enhance the customer experience.
- Supplier-neutral commitment to your bottom line: we are supplier-neutral, meaning we can connect you with the right managed IT supplier for your unique needs and goals. Our in-depth understanding of your business enables us to choose the right supplier for your specific requirements.
- Invoice auditing and cost savings: our meticulous technology expense management (TEM) process uncovers potential cost savings and identifies areas where expenses can be optimized. We ensure that you only pay for the services you need and help you negotiate better rates with providers, maximizing your IT budget.
- Vendor management: we can help you take all your vendors into a single dashboard and give you complete visibility. We’ll also make sure you’re getting promised discounts and other preferred treatment.
- Comprehensive IT solutions: we cover every aspect of your IT ecosystem, including cybersecurity, customer experience, cloud strategies, automation, data solutions, and contact center solutions. Our team of experts collaborates with you to identify areas of improvement and tailor solutions that align with your business objectives.
- Digital transformation: we help you stay ahead of a rapidly-changing landscape with the best information technologies, automations, and business applications for your needs.
- Scalability and future-proofing: we provide scalable managed IT solutions that can grow with your business, allowing you to adapt to changing needs and seize new opportunities. Our focus on future-proofing ensures that your IT environment remains agile and resilient, even in the face of technological advancements.
- Business intelligence: we help you create a cohesive picture by drawing data from disparate functions into a central dashboard. Get a handle on operations with the power of artificial intelligence and other cutting edge business intelligence solutions.
- Expert guidance and strategic partnerships: working as an extension of your team, we offer expert guidance on technology strategies, roadmaps, and IT investments to align with your long-term goals. Leveraging our extensive network of managed IT providers, we negotiate the best terms and conditions on your behalf, ensuring favorable agreements.
- Disaster recovery planning: we can help you with disaster recovery solutions to ensure that your critical IT systems and data are protected and can be swiftly recovered in the event of a disruption.
- Centralized communications: our unified communications services help centralize all your communication tools and applications. We can assist you in managing user accounts, access permissions, security settings, and system configurations from a centralized platform.
By streamlining communication channels, personalizing touchpoints, and leveraging data-driven insights, our CX services empower your organization to create memorable experiences and build lasting relationships with your valued customers.
Managed IT Services Examples
Here are some examples of how managed IT services are making a difference for our clients.
Streamlining Operations for a Manufacturing Company
Challenge: a manufacturing company struggled with complex IT infrastructure, leading to inefficiencies and frequent system disruptions that impacted production.
Solution: we recommended a managed IT provider that included infrastructure optimization, proactive monitoring, and regular maintenance. We also introduced robust cybersecurity measures to protect sensitive data.
Results: the company experienced a significant reduction in system downtime, resulting in increased productivity and uninterrupted manufacturing operations. The streamlined IT infrastructure and enhanced security measures improved operational efficiency and provided peace of mind.
Enhancing Data Security for a Financial Institution
Challenge: a financial institution faced growing concerns regarding data security, compliance, and regulatory requirements, requiring robust measures to safeguard sensitive customer information.
Solution: we implemented a managed IT solution tailored to the institution’s unique needs. It included advanced cybersecurity tools, regular vulnerability assessments, and employee training on best security practices.
Results: the financial institution achieved a higher level of data security and compliance with regulatory standards.
Scaling IT Infrastructure for a Fast-Growing E-commerce Startup
Challenge: a rapidly expanding e-commerce startup needed to scale their IT infrastructure to meet growing customer demands and handle increased website traffic—all while ensuring seamless operations.
Solution: we brought on a scalable managed IT solution that included cloud migration, infrastructure optimization, and performance monitoring. We also implemented robust disaster recovery measures to safeguard against potential disruptions.
Results: the e-commerce startup successfully scaled their IT infrastructure to support increased customer demands. With enhanced performance, high availability, and reliable disaster recovery capabilities, they experienced seamless operations, increased customer satisfaction, and accelerated growth.
What is a Managed Service Provider?
A managed service provider (MSP) is a company that offers proactive IT management and support services to businesses. MSPs handle ongoing monitoring, management, and maintenance of IT systems, ensuring smooth operations, enhanced security, and optimized performance.
A managed services provider offers a range of services, including monitoring and management, data backup, cybersecurity, help desk support, and more, helping businesses focus on their core operations while leaving their IT needs in expert hands.
Here are some of the benefits of using managed services:
- MSPs can remotely monitor IT infrastructure to ensure everything is running properly
- MSPs are aware of cyber security threats and take proactive steps to protect assets
- MSPs can help with data management, data storage needs and cloud computing requirements
The managed services model is, in essence, a “fractionalized” IT department: a single IT provider can serve many organizations, saving them the cost of on-premises IT and the salary of a systems administrator and other personnel.
Who are the Top Managed IT Service Providers?
There are many top managed IT service providers, all of them great, with different specializations, price points, and offerings. The landscape is diverse; there are so many options catering to different industries, budgets, and specific needs.
At Symplicity, our approach is supplier-neutral, meaning we analyze your requirements, budget, and industry to identify the best-fit managed IT service provider for your unique circumstances.
We understand that each business has distinct priorities and constraints, which is why we take a customized approach to matching you with the ideal provider. Whether you operate in healthcare, finance, manufacturing, or any other industry, we leverage our extensive network and expertise to find a managed IT service provider that aligns with your industry-specific requirements, price points, and business objectives.
We connect you with the best managed IT services for your organization. By carefully evaluating providers based on their expertise, track record, and ability to meet your specific needs, we can connect you with the right partner who will support your IT infrastructure and empower your business’s success.
What is the difference between IT services and managed IT services?
While IT services encompass a wide range of technical support and solutions, managed IT services go a step further. They provide proactive monitoring, maintenance, and management of your IT infrastructure, ensuring smooth operations, enhanced security, and optimized performance.
Managed IT services, such as those offered by Red Hat or Microsoft Azure, typically include a comprehensive management platform and leverage various consumption models to meet your specific business needs.
Why use managed IT services?
Managed IT services offer cost savings, enhanced security, increased efficiency, and access to specialized expertise. Many managed IT providers also help you to leverage cloud storage, automation, and advanced analytics.
Managed IT services provide businesses with scalable solutions, expert support, and peace of mind, allowing them to focus on core activities while relying on the expertise of a trusted provider.
What is a data lake?
A data lake is a central repository that stores large volumes of raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data. Unlike traditional data storage systems, data lakes allow data to be stored in its original form without the need for extensive preprocessing or transformation. The data can be stored in various formats, such as text files, images, videos, or log files.
Data lakes provide a flexible and scalable solution for storing vast amounts of data from different sources, such as customer interactions, website logs, social media feeds, or IoT devices. They enable organizations to collect and retain data in its raw state, offering opportunities for exploratory analysis, data discovery, and advanced analytics.
What services are included in managed IT solutions?
Managed IT solutions encompass cloud solutions, application service providers, data analytics, supply chain management, and mobile device management. Providers like Microsoft Azure or Red Hat offer comprehensive packages that may include cloud storage, data lakes, business analytics, and secure management of private cloud environments. These solutions often come with a customer portal, training courses, and robust management security features.
Is managed services a SaaS?
Managed services are not really software-as-a-service (SaaS). While SaaS is a specific type of cloud computing service, managed services encompass a broader range of IT management and support offerings. Managed IT service providers go beyond software delivery and assist with infrastructure management, security, data analytics, and more.
How do I choose a managed IT service provider?
When selecting a managed IT service provider, consider their expertise, industry experience, customer references, service-level agreements (SLAs), and their ability to meet your specific requirements. Look for providers who offer a wide range of services, such as those specializing in supply chain management or data science. Assess their offerings, pricing models, customer support, and whether they are aligned with your business goals.
Why is managed IT infrastructure important?
Managed IT infrastructure plays a crucial role in ensuring the smooth functioning of your business. It provides enhanced security, proactive monitoring, regular maintenance, and efficient management of your IT systems. By leveraging managed IT infrastructure solutions from reputable providers, you can streamline operations, improve productivity, minimize downtime, and effectively scale your technology resources.
What are the differences between cloud services and managed IT services?
Cloud services and managed IT services are closely related but distinct. Cloud services provide access to computing resources, storage, and applications hosted on remote servers. Managed IT services, on the other hand, focus on the comprehensive management and support of your IT infrastructure, including cloud-based solutions. Managed IT services often include cloud-native development, edge computing, and secure management of your cloud environment.
What are examples of managed services?
Managed services span infrastructure management, cybersecurity, data analytics, mobile device management, and supply chain management. Examples of managed services include managed IT solutions, data lake management, business analytics, and secure management of private or hybrid cloud environments.
What is the difference between IT consulting and MSP?
IT consulting typically focuses on providing strategic advice and guidance to help businesses improve their IT systems and processes. Managed service providers (MSPs) go beyond consulting by offering ongoing operational support and management of IT infrastructure.
While IT consultants may provide recommendations, an MSP takes a hands-on approach, handling tasks such as system monitoring, maintenance, security, and support.
What can I expect from IT managed services?
With IT managed services, you can expect proactive monitoring, maintenance, and management of your IT infrastructure. This includes tasks such as software updates, security patches, network monitoring, data backup, and disaster recovery planning.
Managed services also provide access to specialized expertise, help desk support, and service-level agreements (SLAs) that define response times and resolution targets. The goal is to ensure your IT systems run smoothly, efficiently, and securely, allowing you to focus on core business activities.
What is a service level agreement?
A service level agreement (SLA) is a formal contract or agreement between a service provider and a client that defines the level of service to be delivered. It outlines the expectations, responsibilities, and guarantees related to the quality, availability, and performance of the services provided.
SLAs typically include specific metrics, such as response time, resolution time, uptime, and service availability, which help measure and ensure the service provider’s performance meets the agreed-upon standards. They also define the consequences or remedies in the event of service disruptions or failure to meet the agreed-upon service levels.
SLAs play a vital role in managing the relationship between a service provider and a client, providing clarity and accountability. They help set realistic expectations, ensure transparency, and establish a framework for effective communication, monitoring, and reporting.
SLAs are commonly used in IT services, managed services, cloud computing, telecommunications, and more, to ensure that the services delivered meet the client’s needs and business objectives.